Since it went from 70s-80s into the 90s in the matter of two weeks, I’m just going to say it’s officially summer here in Iowa! To me, the best part about summer is being able to relax and hang outside. After spending all of winter, and the majority of a rainy spring indoors, it’s so refreshing to be able to get some sun! I’ve put together our Summer Checklist to make sure we don’t miss a thing. And I’m happy to report we’ve already gotten a jump start!
1. Cook a pizza on the grill. DONE! We just cooked one on the grill Sunday night, and it was delicious! The crust was so crispy. Seriously… if your’e a pizza lover, you’ve got to do this one.
2. Blaire’s first corn on the cob. DONE! Blaire had her first piece of corn on the cob last night and loved it!
3. Take a trip to the zoo.
4. Take Blaire’s first trip to the ocean and build her first sand castle on the beach.
5. Hit the splash pad.
6. Visit the Farmer’s Market as often as possible AND eat homemade ice cream while we’re there. ;)
7. Spend our weekends playing in the pool and sprinkler in the backyard.
8. Teach Blaire to catch fireflies.
9. Cook on the grill and eat on the deck as much as possible!
10. Blow bubbles! Lots of bubbles.
What’s on your summer checklist? xo