If there’s one thing you know about me as a human being, it’s that I really don’t like cleaning. I don’t find it therapeutic, relaxing, or calming. And it’s not that I don’t like having a clean house, because I do. And it’s not because my parents didn’t make me do chores when I was growing up, because I did. BUT having a perfectly clean house at all times is just not within my top priorities… which means I’ll make sure there aren’t dirty socks on the living room before when we’re expecting company, but I am not going to be worried that they might see Blaire’s toys sitting on the coffee table. #notsorry
Besides a quick tidy-up in the kitchen and living room when we’re having people over, the top priority is a clean bathroom. This is where my super quick, ninja-like bathroom cleaning process comes in handy.
- Spray down your toilet and sink with your favorite cleaner. Let sit. If your guests are staying overnight, spray the shower, too.
- Clean your toilet bowl. I LOVE the Scotch-Brite® Disposable Toilet Scrubber! The disposable pads keep the mess (and the germs!) out of your bathroom and the unique scrubber scrubs the messes you’ve been leaving behind.
- Spray and wipe down mirror.
- Wipe down your sink and toilet (and shower, if necessary).
- Empty trash.
- Hang a clean hand towel.
- Check to be sure toilet paper is stocked.
- Do a happy dance.
- Eat snacks on your couch until your guests arrive. ;)
And, voila, you have a clean bathroom for your guests.
It’s so funny to say I love our New Scotch-Brite® Disposable Toilet Scrubber, because, well, it’s a toilet scrubber. But anyone who hates the thought of a germy toilet brush sitting in their bathrooms will understand. When you combine that with how amazing the scrubber works, it’s a win/win! And don’t forget to stock up on the Scotch-Brite® Disposable Toilet Scrubber Refills! We found ours at Kroger, in the cleaning aisle. They weren’t with the other disposable toilet brushes, they were in their own special Scotch-Brite™ section. Ready to try it for yourself? It’s your lucky day! As of December 4, Kroger (and Kroger banner stores!) are offering an in-store BOGO for the Disposable Toilet Scrubber Starter Kit. So go get yourself two for the price of one! ;)
There you have it. That’s how I clean my bathroom with ninja-like speed to have it guest-ready all holiday seasons long! Pin or print my fun little graphic to the left and you’ll be all set for the next time guests sneak up on you! ;) You can check out more great cleaning inspiration via Scotch-Brite™ on their site here.
What’s your least favorite room to clean in your house? Tell me in the Comments below!