This post contains affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.
Finding the best sleep sacks for baby can be expensive – there are so many options! To help you narrow down your searching for the best sleep sacks for baby, I am sharing our experience with three of our favorite sleep sacks. They are the Ollie Swaddle, the Love To Dream Swaddle UP Original and the Zipadee-zip. There are SO many sleep sacks out there and every baby is different. This is our experience with our three kids.
The Best Sleep Sacks for Baby
Why it works
The Ollie World says its swaddle is different because:
- Patented moisture-wicking threads are interwoven into the fabric to help reduce the risk of overheating
- Custom closure allows fit to be individualized to meet the need and size of each little one – even as they grow
- Opening at the bottom allows for easy access diaper changes – no need to un-swaddle
- The Ollie grows with your little one through transitional stages – no need to buy multiple sizes
We used the Ollie Swaddle with both Ben and Sloane (it was released in Spring 2015, so Blaire was already a year old and past the swaddling stage). The Ollie Swaddle is our GO TO for the first few months. The velcro on the sides and the elastic on the bottom make it easy to get a secure, snug swaddle. Both Ben and Sloane slept through the night WAY sooner than Blaire. Both of them were using this swaddle when they started sleeping through the night. You can continue to use it with arms out as they get older and begin to roll.
I love their customer service, too. I would tag their account in my stories when I posted photos and they kindly let me know I wasn’t using it correctly at first (with Ben). I had the swaddle up above his shoulders and it has to be used below their shoulders. They quickly send me the nicest message with lots of examples of photos and told me to feel free to send them a photo of my updated swaddle if I wanted to be sure I was doing it correctly. I know correcting parents can be tricky because we might feel defensive, but the way they did it was so positive and nice. I am so thankful!
Love to Dream Swaddle UP Original
Why it works
Love to Dream says their Swaddle Up Original works because:
- Unique patented SWADDLE UP™ allows a natural ARMS UP™ position
- ARMS UP™ allows true SELF-SOOTHING™ = more sleep
- Swaddle in seconds with no breakouts
- Twin zipper for easy diaper changes
This was Ben’s favorite for his first few weeks. He LOVED his hands, so he liked having them up near his face. After about six weeks he started to sleep better with his arms at his sides, so this is when we changed him to the Ollie swaddle.
Love To Dream also has the perfect sleepsack for any babies using a Pavlik Harness. Blaire used a harness like this from about 6 weeks old until 11 or 12 weeks old and she didn’t sleep well. I wish I had thought to look for a sleep sack she could use while wearing her harness… she would have been so much more comfortable.
Why it works
Sleeping Baby says their Zipadee-Zip works because:
- The star-shaped pointed sleeves and star-fish design is patent pending because it inspires sounder sleep
- The slight resistance in the wing-span allows a baby to move around freely while still providing the enclosed, cozy sensation babies enjoy so much in the swaddle and the womb. The Zipadee-Zip provides those “edges” or womb-like environment while providing them the freedom to roll and use their arms and hands safely.
We used this sleep sack with all three kids. We found out about it when they were on Shark Tank back in 2014, when Blaire was about 9 months old. Both Blaire and Sloane have loved it, but it didn’t really make any difference in Ben’s sleep when he used it.
The Zipadee-Zip is recommended for babies ages 3-24 months. They do have a swaddle option for babies who are still able to be safely swaddled with their arms at their sides.
There you have it – the best sleep sacks for baby! Were any of these a go to for your little one?
If you found this post helpful, please pin the image below to help others find it!