Hi! My name is Trista! I’m a 30-something wife and a mama of three trying my best to keep my family happy and healthy. I live in the midwest with my husband Jason, and our three kids, Blaire, Ben and Sloane.
I started this blog, in August of 2014, as a way to share our lives with our friends and family. I found motherhood lonely and whelming. Balancing a full time job was hard — but so is being a SAHM. This blog (and my social media!) have slowly morphed into a place where I can reach other moms who don’t necessarily have it all together, but who love their messy, beautiful lives just the same.
A few things about me:
- Memes are my love language.
- Iced Coffe > Hot Coffee
- Anything >>> Alcohol. I don’t drink. It’s never really been my thing. I’m a simple girl who loves a plain ‘ol pepsi or coke.
- Mental health is one of the MOST important topics and I will talk about it with ANYONE. I want you to know you’re not alone in whatever it is you’re going through. Being diagnosed with anxiety and OCD and then finding a way to treat it and cope with it truly changed my life.
- There was a time in my life when I didn’t want children. There. I said it. The part that freaked me out the most was the actual thought of being pregnant. But once I met my husband, I KNEW I wanted kids. It’s crazy that things just click once you find your special someone.
- My first baby was a C Section and my next 2 were VBACs. HOLY MOLY there’s no physical pain like recovering from a C Section.
- Infertility AND miscarriage, unfortunately I’ve been through both. My DMs are always open to you if your heart is hurting.
- I return more items to stores than anyone you’ve ever met. If I like something, I buy it. If it doesn’t work out or I decide I’m over it, I return it. Hey, it’s better than shopper’s remorse!
- I’m the worst at a bedtime routine. Taking off you makeup, putting on moisturize and flossing your teeth all just seem so hard when all you want to do is fall in to bed.
- I’ll volunteer for anything/everything. (I’m an Enneagram 2, aka The Helper) Religious Ed? Yep. Book Fair Co Chair? Of course. One of my kid’s sports teams? Say no more. Room parent? Obviously.
- I LOVEEE a good podcast. My daily go-to is The Toast!
THANK YOU to everyone who follows along on our crazy life and all the things that make me happy through my blog, happily trista.
Want to keep up with our day-to-day? Follow along on Instagram!