28 Things About Me
If you only know me from my blog, than you might not know that much about me. Since I place most of my focus on Blaire, I don’t typically post much about myself. So, as part of #fridayintroductions on Instagram, I’d thought it’d be fun to post 28 facts (Because I’m 28. See what I did there?). I hope you have as much fun reading them as I did writing them. And hopefully you feel like you know
way too much a little more about me when you finish.
- I’m the oldest child, which might say a lot about me. Oldest children tend to be bossy, perfectionists and may not be able to ever admit they’re wrong. Is that me? Yep.
- There was a time in my life when I didn’t want children. There. I said it. The part that freaked me out the most was the actual thought of being pregnant. It made me squeamish. All of the crazy things that happen to your body?! Labor and delivery? Gross. Once I met Jason I KNEW I wanted kids. It’s crazy that things just click once you find your special someone.
- Jason and I didn’t live together until after we were married. I lived an hour away from him, but worked in the same area where he lived. I commuted 5 days a week until we were married. #traditional
- We planned our wedding in 5 months. If you read #3, then you know why. :)
- I’m a vegetarian. A recent vegetarian. As in, I became a vegetarian this summer.
- I hate water. Seriously.
- I might be the pickiest eater ever. I could probably live forever eating rice, pizza and cheese enchiladas.
- I’m a procrastinator. What can I say… I do my best work under pressure! ;)
- I love cheese.
- I hate milk.
- I’m always hungry. Always.
- I’d take soft serve twist ice cream over any other ice cream any day! So classic and sooo yummy.
- I suck at my hair. It’s always boring and I can never make up my mind about how I want it. Some days I want it longer, others I want it shorter. Blonder, darker, curlier, wavier, straighter… the options are endless, and I just can’t remember the last time I looked at my hair and thought “I’m having a good hair day.” Girl problems.
- Whenever I imagined myself having a family, I desperately wanted to have a son first. Once I was actually pregnant I realized I didn’t care which gender my baby was. Having a healthy baby was all that mattered! I’ll still never understand the “don’t you want one of each” mentality so many people still have. I’d love to have a tiny Jason, but also would be over the moon with another girl some day.
- I’m Catholic. Seeing Blaire get baptized last summer was one of the most meaningful days of my life. I also taught children’s mass up until Jason and I got married. It was so fun to get to teach children (in simpler words) what the adults were learning about in mass that day.
- I have over 20,000 photos on my phone right now. Yikes. The 64GB iPhone is totally worth it.
- I was born with red hair. This one is for the approximately 12 people who ask me everyday “Where does your daughter’s red hair come from?”
- I can’t handle long nails. Seriously, I can’t handle them. I accidentally scratch everything and everyone. But, it’s fine. I don’t like the look of long nails either. I have to cut mine at least twice a week… I don’t like them longer than the end of my finger.
- I love cooking but rarely ever do it. I’m too
lazybusy to actually put together a grocery list that can result in any real meals. I desperately want to become a meal prep genius. I’m working on it!
- Writing is my thing. My degree is in Journalism, with my emphasis in written stories. I actually dreamed of writing for a magazine and moving to NYC to pursue it… but in college I realized I HATED living in a big city! My family has always lived outside out in the country, with the local towns only having about 25k people each. Traffic and noise are just not my scene. We live in a somewhat large city now, and the noise is still something I’m not used to. Shout out to my sound machines for helping me sleep!
- I return more items to stores than anyone you’ve ever met. If I like something, I buy it. If it doesn’t work out or I decide I’m over it, I return it. Hey, it’s better than shopper’s remorse!
- I couldn’t cut a straight line to save my life.
- I’m a stickler for grammar (I blame my degree in Journalism, English and Communications). Seeing a misspelled or misused word hurts my soul.
- I fell in love with Blaire’s name from good ‘ol Gossip Girl. Blair Waldorf & Chuck Bass are my people. We added the ‘e’ at the end just because I think it makes the name look prettier. And I LOVE that it’s not a common name.
- From the moment I saw Jason, I knew he was going to be someone special in my life. I obsessively stared at his Facebook profile photo for weeks before we went on a real date. Does that make me creepy?
- I’m the worst at a bedtime routine. Taking off you makeup, putting on moisturize and brushing your teeth all just seem so hard when all you want to do is fall in to bed.
- I’m terrible at cleaning my house. I hate it! It’s so much more important to me to have my house smell like Bath and Body works than to have it spotlessly clean.
- I hated naps… until I was pregnant. I just couldn’t fall asleep and then felt groggy for the rest of the day! But once I was pregnant, and especially when Blaire was a newborn, promising myself a nap at some point during the day was the only way I could get myself out of bed in the morning. Mom life.
Well, there you have it. 28 random facts about me. Which one was your favorite? Or maybe it’s more appropriate to ask, which one is the weirdest? xo
My husband and I always plan baby names from shows and characters we love!! :)
Oh to Be a Muse
I love naps! Would be nice to see your red hair. :)
I am the oldest too so I totally get where you are coming from. :) Thanks for sharing all these fun facts about you!
So nice to get to know you a little better. You know what, I can totally related to #2. I’m at that point where kids freak me out too, nice to know that there’s hope for me after all!
This was fun to read. I hope I can be like you who is comfortable opening up a little bit. I’ll try this someday :)
Abby of Life in the Fash Lane
Trista @ The Classy Chaos
What a great post! And I can identify with so many of these. We didn’t move in together before we were married either and our commute was 45 minutes! I’m always hungry too. And I really like Blaire with an E. Oh and I never wash my face at night. Eek!
You hate water and milk?! So crazy. haha :) Loved learning more about you!
Love this! My husband want to name a future child Blair. Little does he know it’s thanks to gossip girl ;) and both of my siblings are red heads!